It’s not easy to work on, create then release to the public a device, software, an app or even a simple tweak that’s amazingly incredible to the extent that people call it a revolution in the world of technology without having a little bit more than a dozen of other developers and creators who try to reach that extent of glory your creation reached! In fact, it’s just wonderful to have such a creation that everybody is trying to imitate, mimic and even break its codes which you’ve set to be like an unbreakable wall in the face of all hackers/developers.Apple has forever tried to be that genius company which creates and releases such a mind blowing creation to the public and nobody gets to break its highly set walls. However, I do extremely believe that Apple has reached this wish finally with the Siri, the speaking assistant, creation and has added Apple’s own rules and restrictions to who can use Sir, so if you’re not an iPhone 4S user, sorry, you’re just not lucky enough!
If you’ve been trying to have a Siri-like tool on your iDevice, definitely you’ve heard about Sara from Cydia, Siri’s clone, which was developed by a Vietnamese developer who intended for Sara to be Siri’s smart “Replacement”. Well, this might be a bit of exaggerating since Sara had some annoying bugs and was not totally like Siri, but today we’re spreading the word that Sara has been updated to a better version with more features, some that actually outperforms Siri, and even has fixed these bugs that annoyed Sara’s users. Here’s a simple and quick review to what Sara can do, what Sara’s developer has added to its features and the bugs that you might not like in Sara:
Sara’s “Can” Features:
1) Install plugins and widgets on a non-Siri supported device such as an iPod Touch 4G (Siri can’t do this)
2) Comes as an app and can be assigned to open when you hold the Home button for a couple of seconds if you have the Activator tweak.
3) Has some tweaks in the official repo: isoftjsc.com which adds a mic icon to the keyboard, and allows you to dictate your notes.
4) Sara also has plugin and widget support and can reach the widgets in Settings
5) It can install different plugins to add on to what it can do, such as a plugin called ‘RepeatMe’ where you can get Sara to repeat what you say.
6) In the repo, there is also a package called ‘Sara SKD kit build x.x.x’, which you can install to create your own plugins and add more things to what Sara can do and say!
7) There is an alternate app to Sara named ‘SaraVM’ which adds Sara translated in Russian for Russian people.
Disadvantages of Sara:
1) There are still some bugs that cause Sara to crash upon hearing some specific orders for instance when you say:”Settings”.
2) Some of the graphics are broken and the package stops installing at ‘Configuring Sara build x.x.x‘.
3) There is no Spire support so you can’t connect Sara to Spire’s servers.
Indeed so many developers have tried to imitate Siri and there’s been actually lots of Siri-like apps and tweaks all over Cydia, but still, none of them are like Siri and none of them are bug-free or even easy to use without the need of a proxy server. For me, I believe that it’s not the time for iUsers with older devices to have Siri on their iPhones just like iPhone 4S users, yet.
You can follow JBU on Twitter, join our Facebook fanpage and add me on Google+ to keep yourself updated on the latest jailbreak and unlock news.